Sunday, February 21, 2010

Three Oranges, New Challenge Painting

Three Oranges
8" x 10"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~Sold~

This is the first challenge painting with http://www.rookiepainter.blogspot.com/ The group blog started when Karin Jurick took a break from heading up the "Different Strokes From Different Folks" challenge painting blog. I loved this composition and was excited to participate with this new group of painters. I can't wait for the next challenge.

This composition had dramatic lighting with a flat back background. I wanted to add depth to the background so I mixed my black color using just about every color I had available and then used Mars Black right from the tube to add the shadow. I am happy with the way it turned out. I might have to do this one again, but BIGGER!

This painting is currently available for purchase in all the usual places, my website, my Etsy.com store, or by using the Paypal button above.

I am almost caught up with all the commissions, I am finishing up my Lily Pond paintings and the paintings for the upcoming Heart Gala in Shelby, North Carolina. I will post the pictures soon.

Well, time to get busy! Thanks for stopping by,

Torrie

5 comments:

Aimee D said...

Torrie, this looks great! Weren't those oranges fun?

Ann Rogers said...

Torrie, great to meet you through this new painting challenge blog. Have had a nice tour of your paintings, which are great, but also read about your new grandbaby..what a treasure!

SYLVIANE said...

Marvellous colours, Torrie!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Sadia Hussain said...

Wonderful and beautifully done!