Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Pear Chronicles 011 ~ The Series Continues!

The Pear Chronicles 011
4" x 6"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~Sold~

Continuing with the Pear Chronicles, this is a gold pear with a red background.

The Pear Chronicles 011 was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a gallery wrapped museum quality canvas with painted sides to allow for hanging without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.


Whenever I am away from painting for a while, I like to get back into the swing of things by painting a pear. It is like catching up with an old friend and getting back on track. I painted this pear with loose "mosaic-type" strokes to enter into the DPW Challenge. I am fascinated with the painting challenges and seeing what artists do with the same reference photo. This is my first time to participate and plan on continuing whenever time permits. I am currently working on the Zippo lighter and will post that entry when it is completed.

This painting has sold.

Well, off to paint, so much to do....so little time!

Thanks so much for stopping by~

Torrie

No comments: