Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Favorite Things ~ Painted!


My Favorite Things
8" x 10
Acrylic Paint on Gallery Wrapped Canvas


Reference Photo

This was so much fun to do! I have joined the painting group at Daily Paintworks This has been a fabulous experience so far, participating with so many accomplished artists. As often as possible, I participate in the weekly challenges. This challenge was the "Paint What You Paint With Challenge". I am a little late getting it done - slowed down by a recent eye infection.

Included in the painting of my favorite things are my brushes and Liquitex acrylic paint in Naples yellow. I think every one of my paintings have included some Naples yellow. I also included the worn out and paint covered pink spray bottle used to mist the paint to keep it from drying too fast on the palette. The bottle looks much worse in real life - misshapen from the sun and covered in paint. I used my favorite background color, the funny greenish color, that I use in so many of my still life paintings. Last, but not least, I had to include a pear.

This painting has sold.

Now, back to painting!

Torrie

No comments: