Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Lily Pond Painting!

The Lily Pond II
16" x 20" Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
Available for Purchase at
Flourish Boutique and Gallery, South Bend, Indiana

This is the newest painting available for purchase. I have started a series of Lily Pond paintings modeled after the paintings of the water Garden of Giverny by Claude Monet. Monet applied his artistic beliefs to the design of his water garden in Giverny and created a garden of forms and colours which was a masterpiece in itself. Monet had the waterlilies for his pond imported from Japan. I always start a series not knowing how many there will be. I just stop painting the series when I tire of the subject and colors. I think I will be doing the Lily Pond paintings for a while. There are so many different ways to paint the subject. This painting is currently available for purchase in all the usual places...Etsy.com, eBay.com, ArtbyUs.com, and my gallery. Flourish Boutique and Gallery has also asked for Lily Pond paintings for their gallery.

Up Next!

Field of Poppies -2007, sold

Currently on the easel: I painted Field of Poppies in 2007. It was 6" x 6" oil on canvas. I have decided to paint it again much larger. This time I am painting the subject 16" x 20" using acrylic paint. I will be making the poppies in the foreground much larger with detail. Check back again soon to see the completed painting.

That is what I am currently painting. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Torrie


No comments: