Monday, August 25, 2008

An unexpected break!

Miranda and Courtney at the Journey Concert

I am sorry I disappeared for a while. Courtney has not been feeling well lately and it is hard to feel creative in the midst of worry. I made a quick trip to Chapel Hill this weekend to be with the baby. I will be traveling to Chapel Hill more often until she is back to her old crabby self.

I am in the middle of a Martini commission that will be finished by the end of the week... and then I don't know. I am extremely fortunate to have two wonderful, beautiful, intelligent daughters who make everyday an adventure in laughter and love. I am going to slow down, enjoy my girls and the canine babies Sadie and Stella.

When I get back in the studio, it will be with new ideas to fill all the blank canvas.

Thanks for stopping by~~

Torrie


1 comment:

Georgia said...

Hello Torrie,
Thank you for stopping by and posting on my blog.
You have beautiful daughters!! I hope Courtney feels better.

I just returned from Charlotte, and moved my youngest daughter in to school. She is a freshman at UNCC and my oldest is there as well. Had to do all this in the worst rainy weather!

As for painting aceo size to mural size, I find painting aceos very relaxing and a good break between bigger projects. The best part is that I have my miniature supplies with me at all times and I can paint whenever and wherever I may be. I love the fact that there is an interest now for that size of art.

You are on my blog list as well.
Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Georgia