Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tornado! ~

Tornado!
18" x 24"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

I have been wanting to paint a tornado for a while and when I was given the opportunity to show my work at WSOC-TV in Charlotte, I immediately thought of doing a weather related painting. I finally put the tornado in my dreams on canvas.....you know what I mean, the recurrent tornado dream......I am so pleased the way it turned out, this will be a series! There will be tornadoes in all sizes and colors, after all, I do have those peaky dreams for reference.....HA!!!

Tornado was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on museum quality gallery wrapped canvas with painted sides to allow for hanging without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.

This painting was created for my upcoming show in May at the ABC affiliate TV station WSOC-TV in Charlotte, North Carolina.

This painting will be available for purchase online after the show beginning in June 2011.

This will probably be the last painting created specifically for the show in Charlotte. It is time now for framing and finishing touches for the show.

UP NEXT!

Break~ I have a very full calendar in May, spending time with children and babysitting Audrey Grace. They have all been very nice about my constant painting the last few months. I have two pear commissions to finish and then back to painting for the stores.

I will be posting all the paintings included in the show in Charlotte in the days to come.

Thank you so much for stopping by~

Torrie

2 comments:

Trade Your Talent said...

wow, this is an impressive painting!

Unknown said...

Wow! Such an intense, well done painting!