Sunday, December 04, 2011

~Lucky Pears~

Lucky Pears
5" x 7"
Acrylic Paint on Ampersand Claybord
~Sold~

I know you are wondering why "Lucky" pears. It just happens I was painting when my sister called and told me she won $500 on the lottery.......(she always wins----I would probably have better chances if I actually bought a ticket).

Lucky Pears was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a museum quality Ampersand Claybord. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.

This painting has sold.

I am finally back to painting after being sick forever!! After recovering from bronchitis, I had the hardest time getting inspired to paint again. This has been my longest painting break since 2006! I was miserable! I am back to my old painting self and busy working on everything I started before and more!

Two rooster paintings are sketched and ready for paint. The large emu painting has eyes now and stares at me as if to say when are you going to finish my face!

I have started my submission for the Daily Paintworks Challenge. I will be painting my version of Cezanne's still life painting using the jug. This has been quite the adventure, studying his work closely in order to paint my own version. I might have to do this with other great painters I admire. It is such a learning experience. I will let you know when it is finished!

Well, off to play with paint. Have a fabulous day!

Torrie

No comments: