Sunday, January 08, 2012

Triplets ~ Three Green Pears


Triplets
6" x 6"
Acrylic Paint on Ampersand Claybord
~Sold~

I have been playing with the Ampersand Claybord and really enjoy the surface. This time I covered the board in a red underpainting. When painting the green pears, I allowed just a bit of the red underpainting to show through. I am very pleased with the depth it added to the still life painting.

Triplets was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a museum quality Ampersand Claybord. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish. I have started using mostly boards for my small paintings. I love the smooth surface of the boards and they are so easy to slip into frames.

This painting has sold.

Now off to a new week of painting!

Thanks for stopping by~

Torrie

No comments: