Thursday, July 17, 2008

Naquaiya's Cupcake, Show Entry EBSQart.com

Naquaiya's Cupcake
11" x 14" Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
I have finished my entry in the EBSQart.com RIPPED show. I partnered with Naquaiya and painted my rendition of her scratchboard painting "Cupcake".
I had not planned on entering, but Naquaiya asked me to partner with her and I could not pass up the opportunity. It was a tough decision looking through her body of work to select a painting to RIP....so, I passed off the responsibility to my daughters. They thought it would be funny for me to do the cupcake...since I am currently on a strict "no sugar" diet. I love her scratchboard work and jumped at the choice of the cupcake
In painting Naquaiya's Cupcake, I used my background color that I have used with several of my pear and lemon paintings. I also replaced her cherry with my favorite.... a strawberry. This has been a wonderful opportunity to work with a gifted artist, thanks Naquaiya for inviting me! Visit Naquaiya's Etsy Store for her paintings that are available for purchase.

Cupcake, by Naquaiya

Currently in the Studio~


Leftover Pear ~ sold

I have been requested to recreate the Leftover pear. That is currently in the works. After that, I have a commission to complete a larger version of Tuscan Sun.

That's the studio news!

Check back again soon.

Torrie

No comments: