Monday, June 08, 2009

California Poppies IV and Summer Vegetables

California Poppies IV
30" x 40"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~ Sold~

Just finished the large commissioned California Poppies painting. It was fun to look at this version and the 2005 version that I painted for myself that hangs in my guest room. My technique has changed a bit over the years. This painting will be moving to its new home in Arkansas by the end of the week.

Up Next!



I have been too busy lately to participate in the "Different Strokes from Different Folks" painting challenge lately, but today I am working on the current challenge "Summer Vegetables". Check back again soon to see the completed painting. It will be an 8" x 10" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas.

The family has begun arriving for my birthday. Mom flew in yesterday from Texas, Bonnie will be here Wednesday from California. Kevin will be home from Chicago on Tuesday (I can't wait--Hi Kevin!) The children will be home Wednesday from Chapel Hill and Waynesville--This is going to be the best birthday ever!

Have a wonderful Monday~

Torrie

No comments: