Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sneak Peak!


Currently on the easel
This will be titled "Pink Tulips, Green Pears"--maybe..

Remember when John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"--well, that would explain the lack of posts and new paintings! I have now figured out, I get the flu shot, so I can take care of everyone who chooses NOT to get the flu shot! Gallons of ginger ale, soup, and Lysol wipes later......it is time to paint!

And now for planned art ~~ : )

I don't generally post the reference photo when I have just finished the drawing, but I wanted to give you a hint. Tomorrow's game plan is to start painting this wonderful tulip painting. I guess I am just hurrying spring, but I picked up these tulips for a centerpiece at this past week's Mary Kay party and had to paint them.

I have also begun drawing a water lily painting/koi pond. (Another hint that I can't wait for spring!)

And last but surely not least---I have a started another "Old Red Boat" painting...this time 16" x 20" oil on gallery wrapped canvas.

These are not my usual paintings....I am stepping out of my usual comfort zone and painting spring!

Check back again soon to see the progress.

Torrie

No comments: