Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Friday, New Martini Painting~

Three Olive Martini VI
16" x 20"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~Sold~

I have not painted a large martini painting in a while. This painting was half started and sitting in the corner of the studio, I felt sorry for it and finished it so it would not have to linger alone neglected in the corner. Three Olive Martini VI is currently available for purchase in my EBSQart.com Gallery and in my Etsy.com store.

I had such a fun day yesterday when my painting "The Rocks of Lake Lure" was Art of the Day at EBSQart.com. Alas, my 24-hours is over and I am now a has-been. Thank you everyone for your kind words and emails.

I spent the afternoon yesterday looking for fixative to pursue my Doodle adventure. After driving 30 miles and visiting every art supply store in Gastonia (the fear of having to go all the way to Charlotte was beginning to set in) I found the only Windsor Newton fixative left in the city. I am very proud of myself for not stepping into Krispy Kreme.....the hot light was on!

After work this afternoon is the big decision......play with pastels and new fixative, or mop the nasty kitchen floor............I am not expecting company---no one but me will see the floor......
I will be drawing and playing in the studio; the dirty kitchen floor will be there tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by,

Torrie

1 comment:

LindaHunt said...

This is just down right fun!