Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Bay Bridge ~ Last "Ripped Off" Entry~

The Bay Bridge
12" x 24"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
by
Torrie Smiley

San Fran Bay 2
by
Carissa Martos

This is my third entry into this year's Ripped Off show. This time I partnered with Carissa Martos. She had such a diverse and fabulous portfolio, it was difficult to select a piece to "rip". I finally decided on her San Fran Bay 2. I have not painted a bridge before, so this was definitely a challenge. Click here to visit here EBSQart gallery.


Thank you Carissa for giving me the opportunity to partner with you this year. It was so much fun and I can't wait for you to see the painting in person. Click here to see the entire "Ripped Off" Show at EBSQart.com.

The Bay Bridge was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a gallery wrapped museum quality canvas with painted sides to allow for hanging without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.

This painting was gifted to Carissa Martos. Prints of this painting can be purchased from Fine Art America.com.

Well, off to the next painting adventure~

Thanks for stopping by,

Torrie

1 comment:

Mermaid's Palette said...

Love you Golden Gate! I have taken lots of photos, as we drive over it- but as of yet, haven't found the confidence to tackle it in paint!
I love your work!
Sheryl