Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sherry's Rain ~ My "Ripped Off" Entry

Sherry's Rain
16" x 20" x 1.5"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas


Nature's Art
by
Sherry Key

Sherry's Rain ~ Progress 3
before the rain was added


Sherry's Rain Progress 2
Getting a little scared....don't really
know what I am doing....



Sherry's Rain, getting started
painted black over sketch

This is my entry into this year's Ripped Off show. I love participating in this show. It gives me the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and do something new and different. This is the first time I have attempted painting with a knife. It was so much fun, I may have to do more knife paintings!

I "ripped" Nature's Art by Sherry Key. Thank you so much Sherry for asking me to partner with you this year. It was and honor and tons of fun to rip your work.

Sherry's Rain was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a gallery wrapped museum quality canvas with painted sides to allow for hanging without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.

This painting was gifted to Sherry Key. Prints of this painting can be purchased from Fine Art America.com.

This is the first of three entries I will be painting for "The Ripped Off" show at EBSQart.com. Next, I am ripping "Room with a View" by Amanda Makepeace. That painting will be posted later this week.

Thank you for stopping by~

Torrie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...Torrie...the this is absolutely fabulous! In the beginning I wasn't able to imagine how you were planning on painting this...can't wait to exchange our art. Sherry...(-;

Amanda Makepeace said...

You're in the EBSQ Friday Five!