Saturday, July 03, 2010

Daisies and Lemons ~ New small painting

Daisies and Lemons
6" x 6"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~Sold~

After unloading everything from my daughter's baby shower in October 2009, I had a few centerpieces at the house. I put one on the table added a few lemons and took reference photos thinking that needs to be a painting someday......someday finally got here and I painted a small still life of the flowers from her shower. Yes, the baby is here and she is beautiful and 7 months old. Yes, I am finally getting caught up and painting new and different things~

Daisies and Lemons was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a gallery wrapped museum quality canvas with painted sides to allow for hanging without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.


This painting has sold. To see paintings currently available for purchase, please visit my website gallery or my Etsy.com store.

Coming up~

I am so excited to be included in the EBSQ artists who blog~ the interview will be coming out next week and I will post a link then.

It is time for the Ripped Off show at EBSQart.com. I have agreed to participate with three artists this year (what was I thinking!) I had better get busy~ I will post the paintings as they are finished along with link to the various artists websites.

Yes, I am still working on the martini painting...I have come to the un-fun part, and I guess that could be why it is sitting in the corner half finished.......staring at me with that "you don't love me" glare. All that is left to do is the detail of the glass-- may this week.

Well, I had better get busy, there is much to paint and so little time~

Thank you for stopping by~

Torrie

No comments: