Wednesday, December 02, 2009

In search of the "new normal" ~~

"I need just one normal day", the minute I said it, I new it sounded funny. There is no such thing as a normal day. For the past few years, I have been working, painting, and keeping up a routine. Then I decided to make a few changes, beginning with the move to Charlotte. As I normally do, I had everything planned and scheduled to fall into place. Moving my home office, the art studio, my life. Everything was going according to plan until ~~


I am not a control freak, but I do like to take care of my things, so I rented the U-Haul which was fabulous, a wonderful clean, well running truck. Moved the boxes, paintings, and stuff for storage on Saturday, November 14, 2009. That was the last of normal.


Miranda (my daughter) due to have her baby January 25, 2010 went for a check up Monday, November 16~ she was immediately hospitalized and transferred to Asheville by ambulance the next day with complications of preeclampsia. My beautiful granddaughter, Audrey Grace, was born November 21, 2009, small and early, but perfectly healthy. Miranda was very ill following the birth and finally is recovering.


Since that time, the days have been filled with trips to Asheville, finishing the move, working, painting, catching up on emails, and websites....and then there are the commissions to complete. I keep thinking....maybe I packed "normal" in a box and just haven't found it yet.


Things get better everyday. Audrey is rapidly gaining weight, Miranda is doing well, and things are slowly falling into place. I finally listed my first painting on the Daily Painters International Art Gallery Blog.


I am looking forward to finding my "new normal" with my growing family and my new life in Charlotte~ and more painting!


Thanks for stopping by, new paintings are coming soon~


Torrie

1 comment:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

If you find normal be sure to let me know I've been looking for it lol. Thanks for the follow...the little one is adorable :)