Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Rooster V ~ New Rooster Painting


The Rooster V
6" x 6"
Acrylic Paint on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~Sold~


I haven't painted a rooster in a while, so I thought I would re-visit the rooster portrait painted last year. For this version, I added more blue to the background.

The Rooster V was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a museum quality gallery wrapped canvas with painted sides to allow for display without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.

This painting has sold. To see more paintings currently available for purchase, please visit my Website gallery or my Etsy.com store.

Up next~

I am continuing with the two small still life paintings using the new clayboard. I really like how they are coming along. I will post as soon as I am finished. I may be using these more often.

Thanks for stopping by~

Torrie

3 comments:

Sherry Maxwell said...

Torrie,
Your Rooster is just beautiful!
Love it. Love the colors and texture.
Great job. :)

Torrie Smiley said...

Thank you Sherry. I should really paint more roosters, they are fun to paint. This one has sold and will be moving away to Texas.

Unknown said...

This rooster painting is fun and I really love your fruit series from the previous posts. I always find it interesting when artists paint variations of the same object. Great work.