Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Pear Chronicles 007 and More!

The Pear Chronicles 007
4" x 6"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~Sold~


Continuing with my little pear series, this is The Pear Chronicles 007, a single red pear with a deep blue loosely painted background.

The Pear Chronicles 004 was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a gallery wrapped museum quality canvas with painted sides to allow for hanging without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish.

Now a short explanation of where the heck I have been and what happened this past week:

I am a huge fan of EBSQart.com and that is where I maintain a gallery, but more than that, they have really cool templates and image hosting that I use to maintain all the blogs and websites. The stat counters at the site help me keep up with all that I have floating out in the Internet. Well, it was time for a site upgrade which is always tricky. That, on top of the fact I do not accept change well and have no patience, has made for a very long week. It's not the change thing that gets me as much as the learning curve that comes with a site upgrade--learning how to do things a different way.....(in a nutshell, I am getting old and set in my ways). HA! EBSQart is still working on problems. I can't upload new paintings to the site as of yet, but tomorrow is another day. I will do the best I can with what is working so far.

Now, what you might have missed~


The Pear Chronicles 006
4" x 6"

Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

~Sold~

This pear painting in the Chronicles Series sold in the downtime. I am sorry it did not make the blog before it sold. For those of you who want to get a sneak peek before paintings make it to the blog and stores, the paintings are first posted on my Facebook Fan Page. The first place I list my paintings for sale is my Etsy.com store. The Etsy site is just convenient and easy to use, so I post there first, then EBSQart, then my website and on from there.

The following paintings were donated:

The Ballerina IV
16" x 20"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas



The Pear Chronicles 005
4"x 6"

Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas


Annie Salness, an Artist friend who I met working with the Different Strokes from Different Folks painting challenge blog, recently suffered a stroke and is recovering at home with her family. There will be a fund raiser the details can be found by clicking here and going to the event announcement on Facebook. I will be shipping these paintings Tuesday morning.

Well, that about does it for now. I will be posting my painting that I won from Angela Sullivan. I framed it this week and it is now on the end table in my living room.

Until tomorrow,

Torrie

3 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

I love the colors of the new one, nice red! Good luck with your site work, I always put that off! I have barely started at fineartamerica and I stalled.
Sheryl

Bronwyn said...

Love that red pear.....but am afraid I resemble the one below it! hehe

Torrie Smiley said...

Brownwyn,

You are too funny! I am starting my diet tomorrow. I have been indulging too much. I am starting to look like the pears I paint.

Torrie