Sunday, December 28, 2008

Art of the Day!

Sunday Pears
6" x 8"
Oil on Canvas Panel
~Sold~

How exciting! My Sunday Pears was selected as "Art of the Day" at EBSQart.com It is such an honor for one of my paintings to be on the front page. Sunday Pears has found a new home in Massachusetts.

We had a wonderful Christmas! My collectors were very good to me and my family, now I have to get busy replacing the paintings in my online stores. I have finished a new avocado painting that will be listed today~~ as soon as the weather clears and I can get a good digital photo. I am almost finished with a new gold pear painting that is very muted and coming along nicely. Check back later today to see if the weather cooperated and the avocado painting can make it to the blog.

I am still working on the pastel portrait for the "Different Strokes from Different Folks " portrait challenge. I am very excited about the opportunity to participate. I do not paint many portraits, so this is a stretch for me. I love the reference photo Karin Jurick sent to me. I can't wait to find out who the artist is and check out her portfolio, she seems very interesting! Miranda told me I was "doing really great with the use of the negative space" Huh? It is times like these when the difference between a college-educated artist (Miranda) and a self-taught, checked-out-every-art-book in the library artist (me) starts to show.

Well, back to the studio!

Thanks for stopping by~

Torrie

2 comments:

Lori Andrews said...

Yay! Congrats on your Art of the Day, It's just another beauty of yours!!! :) Love them!

Marianne Ginsberg said...

Excellent work, Torrie. They look good enough to eat! It must feel great to post it as "sold."