Monday, September 05, 2016

Day Five of the 30 in 30 ~ Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred VIII


Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred VIII
6" x  6" 
Acrylic on Ampersand Gessobord
~Sold~

"I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred. And when I die, I'm a Tar Heel dead."

I had my first toss out today.....there are always days when nothing looks quite right, those are the days you clean your brushes, put the easel away, and go see the grandchildren.  The best thing about grandchildren is they think you are the best grandma ever!  After lots of hugs and kisses, pretend tea out of plastic cups, and a rocking chair full of Minnie, Mickey, and me; I return to the studio with an uplifted spirit and renewed confidence~

This is another collector favorite composition that I have painted many times.  The Tar Heel Series of paintings began when my baby headed off to school.  Her and her husband have now settled in Chapel Hill and are raising a little Tar Heel of their own.

Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred VIII was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a museum quality Ampersand Gessobord with painted sides to allow for display without a frame.  This painting can be framed or placed on a small display easel.  This painting is currently available for purchase at my Etsy.com store.

Thank you for stopping by~

Torrie

No comments: