Saturday, September 12, 2015

Day Eleven of the 30 in 30! Red Poppy

 

Red Poppy
6" x  6"
Acrylic Paint on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
~Sold~

Day Eleven of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days in September with Leslie Saeta and this is painting #8.  I am really behind, but I am going to catch up!  Hopefully, I will get more done tomorrow.  Today's painting is from photos I had taken several summers ago.  Poppies were blooming along the highway and I stopped and took pictures.  I have painted several landscapes from those photos.  Today I cropped one poppy out and went for it.  I knew this would take quite some time to do, but I went for it! 

Red Poppy was painted using professional artist grade acrylic paint on a museum quality gallery wrapped canvas with painted sides to allow for display without a frame. Painting was finished with a light coat of varnish. 

This painting has sold.

I will be painting again tomorrow with an artist friend and I am really looking forward to it.  Hopefully, will be posting more then.

Thanks for stopping by~

No comments: