Monday, January 12, 2009

Different Strokes from Different Folks Portrait Challenge

Torrie Smiley
Painted by Chelsie Brady

I have been having a wonderful time participating in the "Different Strokes from Different Folks" painting challenge blog. At the end of the year, our photos were anonymously matched with another artist and we were asked to paint a portrait from the supplied picture. I was a bit hesitant, not being a portrait artist and not wanting to embarrass myself or disappoint the artist I was painting. I must say, I am so glad I decided to participate. I received the most lovely portrait from a fabulous young artist that I would have never met otherwise. I feel fortunate to have been matched with Chelsie Brady. She is a talented young artist with many years of success to come! Chelsie's work can be seen at her website Chelsie Brady and you can purchase her paintings from her Etsy.com store.


New Different Strokes from Different Folks Challenge

Jefferson Memorial at Night
photo by
Karin Jurick

New Year and new DSFDF painting challenge. This is going to be a challenge. I have not done many "night time" paintings. I will be painting this on a small canvas in either oil or acrylic.

Well, off to the studio to get a bit accomplished before bed!

Torrie

1 comment:

Chelsie Brady said...

Thanks for the mention, Torrie! You are very sweet. I am lucky to have been paired with you. I am still trying to get a spark of inspiration for the new challenge, but I have really really enjoyed being involved in this- especially the portrait challenge. I am very glad to have "met" you through this. I LOVE my portrait that you did- I keep showing everyone that comes to my house! :) Thanks again!